Reverend David Kennedy of Laurens, SC, “dedicates” song to Greensboro police chief Wayne Scott at 04/01/19 Greensboro city council meeting, to apparent consternation of several city council members. Shortly after this, city council representative at-large Michelle Kennedy, supported by mayor pro tem Yvonnne Johnson and district 1 representative Sharon Hightower, proposed launching “independent investigation” into the death of Marcus Deon Smith, the homeless African-American man who died after being “hog-tied” by four Greensboro police officers during the NC Folk Festival in September of 2018.
My previous articles on this controversy:
Instructions on restraint fatally used on Marcus Deon Smith by Greensboro police came with warning to “never hog-tie a prisoner” with it.
DOJ warning about this restraint and detailed examination of the Greensboro police bodycam videos:
Click here to read our PDF flip version
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Library Hosts Award-Winning Author For Online Memoir Writing Workshop September 26
- Truist Foundation Donates $50,000 to Provide Laptops to GCS Students
- High Point University Announces New Hires
- Use of Cannabis Long-Term Not Associated with Cognitive Differences in Older Adults
- CBD Industry Takes the Fight to the DEA
- White supremacists harass Triad woman
- CSEM-loaded student busts the barriers
- CELEBRATING 40 YEARS OF THE UNCG DONUT
- Band appalled to see their T-shirt in viral photos of white supremacists at 'Trump Convoy'
- Greensboro City Council votes against written consent
- Police search results in discovery of multiple bags of heroin, methamphetamine and other related items.
- Arts Council Announces Winners In Mask Designing Competition
- After forced sterilization news, Latino group Mijente to urge Guilford voters to oppose Trump, Rep. Jon Hardister
- Winston-Salem mural project unveils first masterpiece
- Man caught for robbing the same bank for the third time.
“Kids. I don’t understand what’s wrong with these kids today. Kids. Who can understand anyth…
Ronald Reagan used to say that the difference between a recession and a depression is that a…
Last week, this publication paid tribute to “Wonder Women of the Triad,” of which there are …