EAST GREENSBORO, N.C. (Sept. 14, 2021) – In a higher education environment increasingly marked by questions about return on investment, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University continues to rank highly for a significant measure in that area: starting salaries for new graduates.
In the new “Best Colleges 2022” rankings released Monday by U.S. News & World Report, North Carolina A&T is the second-rated historically black university (HBCU) in America in Median Starting Salary of Alumni at $54,900 a year, trailing only Prairie View A&M, and the second-ranked in the 17-campus University of North Carolina System, trailing only N.C. State.
A&T ranks fourth among all North Carolina campuses, behind Duke, N.C. State and Wake Forest, but significantly ahead of Chapel Hill, UNC Charlotte, UNC Greensboro and many other campuses.
The leading performance, both nationally and among state peers, by new Aggie alumni shows how valuable a credential an A&T degree has become in today’s marketplace. As a top producer of Black graduates in Engineering, Agriculture, Liberal Arts, Kinesiology, Math and Statistics, Family and Consumer Sciences and Journalism and Mass Communication, A&T is a must-visit stop on the career fair tours of many of the nation’s top corporate interests.
A&T was recognized in a case study last year for having the largest-ever virtual career fair on Handshake, the dominant online platform for college and university career offices. A&T Career Services has long noted the growing appetite for the university’s grads – even more so as this academic year begins, says Kendra Haywood, associate director.
“We have only been able to accommodate half the employer requests to participate in this Wednesday’s virtual career fair,” said Haywood. “Currently, we have 18,000 full-time jobs, internships or career experiences posted in Career Services and more coming. Employers ask me, ‘What will it take to hire an Aggie?’ And the truth is they really have to bring it.”
About North Carolina A&T State University
- Technical State University
- Best Colleges
- North Carolina Agricultural And Technical State University
- University Of North Carolina System
- U.s.news & World Report
- North Carolina
- Public Education In The United States
- University Of North Carolina At Charlotte
- North Carolina State University
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- North Carolina A&t–north Carolina Central Rivalry
- University Of North Carolina
- Associate Director
- Carnegie Foundation
- Chapel Hill
- About North Carolina A&t State University
- Kendra Haywood
- Online Platform
- East Greensboro
- North Carolina A&t State University
- U.s. News & World Report
Click here to read our PDF flip version
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Destination Dan Vegas! Caesars, city officials reveal all on $500 million resort casino
- Study: Cannabis Use Not Associated with Adverse Outcomes for Couples Undergoing IVF
- PAGE HIGH SCHOOL AND GET IN THE GAME ANNOUNCE NEW SOCIAL EQUITY INITIATIVE
- Weatherspoon partners in social justice project
- ALZHEIMER’S ASSOCIATION INVITES GUILFORD COUNTY RESIDENTS TO JOIN WALK TO END ALZHEIMER’S ON OCT. 16
- PLAYBOI CARTI ANNOUNCES FALL TOUR “NARCISSIST”TICKETS ON SALE SEPT. 2!
- Art Checks In, Again: Curated Art Hotel finds new home
- How Norm Macdonald Cured My Sinus Infection
- Super spreader? Blue Ridge Rock Fest a 'significant risk' to community
- Blue Ridge Rock Fest ticketholders vow not to attend as VIP passes are stalled in mail
- Details surrounding Greensboro’s settlement with controversial realtor made clear
- Refusing to stop recusing: GSO mayoral candidate Outling on ethics, transparency, and conflicts of interest
- Y hosts dedication of McKone Community Room
- The Greensboro Symphony Orchestra presents Tchaikovsky and Beethoven Treasures Olga Kern, piano
- JORDAN SURENKAMP NAMED HEAD COACH OF THE GREENSBORO SWARM
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
I would imagine that most wealthy nonagenarians spend their days relaxing at the beach or at…
I’ve always had a strong affection for the Atlantic Coast Conference because we were both cr…
Once upon a time, local TV stations were really committed to local programming, and I’m not …