RALEIGH NC- WBTV reported that the North Carolina Department of Transportation is furloughing employees after years of financial mismanagement. Recently, Democrat State Auditor Beth Wood released a report that blasted Cooper’s NCDOT for several financial mismanagement practices. According to the report, the NCDOT overspent by $742 million and the Chief Engineering Officer neither monitored spending nor enforced compliance with the State Spending plan. Governor Cooper’s administration came under fire last year for serious overspending leading State Treasurer Folwell to ask for NCDOT Secretary James Trogden to resign for malpractice. The overspending problem at NCDOT even required a bailout from the legislature last year.
“It is sad to see Governor Cooper’s chronic mismanagement of the NCDOT affect so many state employees during the COVID-19 pandemic.” NCGOP Press Secretary Tim Wigginton
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Management
- Corporate Governance
- North Carolina Department Of Transportation
- Financial Mismanagement
- Tim Wigginton
- Leading State Treasurer
- James Trogden
- Chief Engineering Officer
- Governor Cooper’s Chronic Mismanagement
- Cooper’s Administration
- Ncgop Press Secretary
- Democrat State Auditor
- Beth Wood
Click here to read our PDF flip version
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- SYLVESTER STALLONE’S STUNNING LA QUINTA MANSION!
- Real Estate Mogul Taylor Swift’s Homes!
- 234 People Participate in Cone Health Virtual 5K
- Ameriglow’s ‘Slavic Tongue, American Film’
- Governor Cooper Continues Conversation with RNC
- Greensboro College Announces Fall 2020 Schedule; Admissions Resumes In-Person Campus Tours on Limited Schedule
- Local Visitors Bureau Charts Course for Future
- Comprehensive Plan Update June 2020 for the Town of Jamestown
- Statement From Greensboro Police Chief Brian L. James
- Greensboro Police Arrest Former Guilford County School Employee
- Original New York Pizza owner returns to Tate Street
- Greensboro mandates mask for city employees
- Morrow Mountain State Park Grows by Over 20% With Land Donation
- Greensboro Mayor Nancy Vaughan Declares City-wide Curfew
- BAR OR CLUB? Am I a Private Club or a Bar? May I open & operate, safely & legally?
- Winston-Salem African-American activists organize movement to demand justice and transparency
- Governor Cooper has authorized 450 North Carolina National Guardsmen to mobilize due to civil unrest
- High Point Farmers Market Adds More Vendors
Ronald Reagan used to say that the difference between a recession and a depression is that a…
Last week, this publication paid tribute to “Wonder Women of the Triad,” of which there are …
As I noted in last year’s Wonder Women of the Triad edition, I owe everything to the first t…